| 2017 Sponsors
| 2017 Vendor Form
| 2017 Vendor Form, Page 2
| Become a Sponsor 2017
FISHING HERITAGE DAY 2017
The Otselic Valley Fishing & Heritage Association (OVF&HA) announces its ninth annual Fishing Heritage Day for Saturday, May 20, from 9am to 4pm in the hamlet of South Otselic.
Fishing Heritage Day will include many of the same popular offerings at the State Fish Hatchery, the Otselic Town Park, and other locations within the hamlet. Following are some of this year's offerings:
- Local musicians Dennis McGuire's 1-Man Band, Amanda Nuseef' (bassoon soloist) and “Loose Bruce -Picket-Lou”, will perform in the Town Park.
- The Ross Park Zoomobile from Binghamton will again showcase another selection of live animals on the porch of the Town Hall.
- The U.S. Postal Service will introduce their 2017 special Fishing Heritage Day stamp cancellation, with original artwork provided by well known resident artist, Don Rith.
- As in previous years, several non-profit organizations, along with various arts, crafts, antiques and food vendors will greet visitors in the Town Park.
- Following its debut last year, the “Duck Derby”, will again see over 100 rubber ducks streaming down a short stretch of the Otselic River, water conditions permitting.
- The Otselic Valley Grange, will hold their annual beef barbecue luncheon, while again hosting the annual community-wide garage sales.
- The trout fishing clinics, hosted by NYS DEC and two chapters of Trout Unlimited, will be at the fish hatchery, where beginner anglers are welcome to try their hand at fishing, with fishing tackle, bait (and fish) provided. In addition, a selection of fishing programs for youth will be presented by Mike Riordan, President of the Salmon River International Sport Fishing Museum.
- The South Otselic Fire Department, in partnership with the Auxiliary, will host their open house, along with special health and safety programs, and a carry-out chicken barbeque.
- In the center of the hamlet, at the site of the former historic Cox Block, the Otselic Valley Garage, in partnership with the OVCS chapter of the Future Farmers of America, will arrange for a growing display of vintage and antique tractors from the surrounding region.
During the past eight years, Fishing Heritage Day has provided an opportunity for thousands of family members to enjoy a special day celebrating the heritage of this historic “fishing line capital of the world”. Plan to bring family and friends to this special one-day event with a mix of new and returning activities.
Please refer to our other links on this website for information on how to participate as a vendor or sponsor, or to become a member of the OVF&HA.